Welcome to Camp James!
Is your camper is scheduled to start camp soon? We are all so excited to see them! We hope that you are just as excited!!! Below is a list of info for your first day that we hope will help the transition to camp be easy and pleasant.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST DAY
PLEASE take time to log onto your account and review your campers schedule to ensure your camper is properly prepared for camp. If upon reviewing your schedule you find that a change needs to be made please download the Group or Schedule Change Request Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. NOTE: We want to help you make sure you are prepared for the end of the school year rush but we do need to have at least 2 weeks prior notice to accommodate a change.
YOUR FIRST DAY
- Drop off runs between 9-9:40 am. AM Extended Care is available at 7:30 am.
- There is a Drive-Thru drop off for experienced campers offered from 8:45-9:30 am. Drive Thru is past our parking lot and recommended forolder campers or campers familiar with Camp James and know their counselor already. Drive Thru does start 15 minutes earlier than walk in check in & should be used only if parents do not intend to come into camp.
- Closed-toed shoes are the ONLY acceptable shoes for some of our activities so campers must have a pair (Feel free to bring a pair of flip-flops, Keanes or Crocs for water activities)!
- Come ready to swim in your swimsuit and pack your lunch (unless you are buying – see below!), towel, a hat, and extra sunscreen.
- We have set dress-up days in the week. Our staff will be dressed up so feel free to come in costume! Check out our calendar to see which days we’ll be dressing up!
- Please do not wear or bring any items that you do not want to get dirty or lost. Your clothes will get dirty. They might get lost.
- If you want to buy camp lunches and haven’t yet, they must be purchased at the camp store for $7.00 at the front of camp during drop off. Or log on to your account at least 1 day before, VIEW current reservation, EDIT and select the lunches you want – this saves you money and no waiting in line at camp!
- You can pick up your camp T-shirt at the t-shirt booth, located in the middle of camp, any time before 9:40 am.
- Pick up is between 3:30-4 pm(with a grace period until 4:30pm), unless you have purchased PM Care. Camp closes promptly at 6:00 pm.
- If for any reason you must pick up early please give yourself lots of extra time. Your child may be at an activity far from base camp and you will need to walk to them in order to check them out with their counselor.
- Campers still here after 4:30 pm are automatically enrolled into our PM Extended Care program for $5.
- Your security code will be required for anybody who plans to pick up your camper (you created one when you registered and can view this when you log on to your account, at the bottom of your home page). Please inform your spouse, other carpool parents, etc. If you do not have a security code listed, please contact us prior to your start date to list one.
HOW TO GET TO OUR LOCATION
From the 55 Freeway
• Take 55 South until the it ends and becomes Newport Blvd.
• Take the PCH/California 1 South.
• Turn left onto Bayside Dr. Continue to the end of Bayside, until you reach the entrance gate.
• Follow the signs.
From the 405 Freeway
• Take the Jamboree Rd exit and head West.
• Turn right onto PCH/California 1 North.
• Take the 1st right onto Bayside Dr. Continue to the end of Bayside, until you reach the entrance gate.
• Follow the signs.
The entire Camp James world appreciates your time in reading this and we look forward to seeing you soon. Emails will be sent with specifics pertaining to the theme of the week before each week begins, be on the lookout.
See you soon!!
The Camp James Team